Of the over $28,000,000.00 offered to the graduating class of 2012, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Senior students have been offered over $7,000,000.00 in scholarships to choose from. Our current IB senior graduate group totals 56 students, so you can see the demand and opportunities the IB Program provides.
We have numerous National Merit Scholars, Presidential Scholars, Regent Scholars, Mathematics' Scholars, World Language Scholars, and this list of scholarships are just some of the ones being offered to our IB Students to select from.
Our IB students are recruited by both in-state universities, out-of-state universities, Ivy League universities, and military academies. As such, our IB students and their parents make the decision, based on what is best for the student's major as to whether they attend out of state or stay in-state.
The IB Diploma Curriculum is so rigorous; our IB graduates are offered many scholarships and/or are accepted to universities based on their distinguished preparation for university study, research, publishing their research, and performance.
For the 2012 IB Seniors who will graduate in May, this is a list of the some of the scholarships our IB students are being offered and will select from:
1. Harvard Faculty Scholarship $215,800
2. Yale University scholarship $198, 200
3. Southern Methodist University President's Scholarship with study abroad paid $187,000
4. Pomona College Scholarship $182,056
5. West Point, USMA $443,200
6. New Jersey Institute of Technology Accelerated Medical Scholarship $176,000
7. Rutgers Presidential Scholarship $114,200
8. University of Miami Honors Scholarship (Medical) $120,000
9. University of California San Diego $124,000
10. UCLA Scholarship $122,000
11. Questbridge Scholarship + travel abroad $225,740
13. Drexel University Scholarship $94,000
14. University of Arizona National Merit Scholar $61,000
15. Saint Mary's Dean's Scholarship in San Antonio, Texas $60,000
16. University of Puget Sound $60,000
17. University of New Mexico $60,000
18. Pacific Lutheran University $76,000
19. Baylor University - Waco, Texas $58,000
20. Fordham University $57,600
21. Hawaii Pacific University $50,000
22. Point Loma Nazarene University $48,000
23. St. Lewis University $56,000
24. Western Undergraduate Exchange $44,000 (offered to multiple IB Seniors)
24. Belmont Scholarship $40,000
26. Arizona Sate University Regent Scholarship $38,880 (offered to multiple IB Seniors)
27. Arizona State University Provost Scholarship $30,000 (offered to multiple IB Seniors)
28. Arizona State University Medallion Scholarship $11,000
29. Arizona State University Dean’s Scholarship $10,000
30. University of Arizona National Merit Scholar $61,000 (offered to multiple IB
31. University of Arizona Wildcat Excellence Scholarship $33,000 (offered to multiple IB
32. University of Arizona Regents Scholarship $37,456 (offered to multiple IB Seniors)
33. AZ USA Pacific University $40,000
34. Case West Reserve Honors Scholarship $64,000
35. Northern Arizona University “Full Ride” IB Scholarship $55,616
36. Northern Arizona University President's Scholarship $24,000 (offered to multiple IB
37. Northern Arizona University Regent Scholarship $33,812 (offered to multiple IB
38. University of Gables Scholarship $24,000
39. Cornell University $92,000
40. Booker T. Washington Scholarship $10,000
41. Yale Science & Engineering Scholarship $10,000
42. California Technical Institute Scholarship $15,000
43. Georgia Tech University Scholarship $10,000
44. Intel Scholarship $5,000
45. Caldwell Presidential Scholarship $132,000
The IB Program opens up opportunities for universities to seek our students because this rigorous academic curriculum is nationally and internationally known to prepare students for success at any university they select to attend. Universities are eager to interview and accept these graduates because they have already experienced university course work through the IB program. Our IB students are prepared in all subjects not just one or two, which may be the child's individual strength. Therefore, universities know our IB graduates will excel at their school.
Our IB students regularly receive in-state university scholarships because of their top 5% graduate status. The IB students have the decision to make as to whether they select to stay in-state for their undergraduate degree and then go out-of-state for the graduate work. It is a family decision, which we respect.
The IB Diploma and IB Certificate number varies from year to year(grades 11 & 12). Because it is such an academically talented group, we currently have 187 Junior and Seniors in the IB Diploma Program. Next year we will have 195 Junior and Seniors. The MYP IB Program currently has 178 students with 182 expected next year in grades 9 & 10. It varies from year to year, which we expect because of the rigor of the IB curriculum, the requirement of mature time-management in completing assignments, and the excellence we require of these children. IB students are provided individual academic planning, access to IB Coordinators without appointment, offered subject tutoring when needed, and assigned an IB Mentor to guide them through the academic rigors.
Come join the International Baccalaureate MYP and Diploma Program at Chandler High School. We are an IB World School nationally known for our IB students' performance in exceeding the IB World Exam scores because of the distinguished IB Instructors who are Masters in their subjects and dedicated to each child in their class.