Willis Core Values
In order to create a positive learning environment for all students at Willis Junior High School, members of our school community (staff, students, and parents) are asked to familiarize themselves with these five core values, and do their best to uphold these standards in their daily actions.
1. Willis is a place where everyone must feel safe.
Threats, physical confrontations, fighting, and gang related activity are not allowed, and will not be tolerated. Please find appropriate ways to deal with challenges and frustrations.
2. Willis is a place where everyone has equal worth...and lots of it.
Do not use language, or participate in actions, that offends others, or diminishes their feeling of value. Speak respectfully to both adults and peers. Do not bully.
3. Willis is a place where we solve problems together, and peacefully.
If you have an issue or concern with another student, handle it appropriately, and privately...or seek the assistance of an adult. Remember the need for everyone to feel safe (core value #1).
4. Willis is a place where learning is a priority and time spent in class is very important.
Be in class on time and participate appropriately. Own your actions, own your effort level and own your learning.
5. Willis is a place where doing little things can make a big difference.
Model appropriate actions and behaviors and encourage others to do the same. Be a positive difference-maker on our campus.
Willis Junior High School - Home of the Firebirds